Everyone wants to lose weight and get back the body we had when we were younger, but we lack the discipline and dedication to achieve that as we get older. Too often people start to lose a few pounds but their progress stop abruptly. This shouldn’t be seen as a failure and you definitely shouldn’t be giving up. Below are top 7 ways which will help you burn extra fat and get you back on track in your weight loss journey.
1. Anaerobic exercises – Do not think that by running for hours on a treadmill or pedaling will make your fat away. You will be doing more bad than good. It is our muscle tissues that burn most of the fat in out body and hence you need to get involved in exercises that build your muscle. So if you are hitting the gym then you shouldn’t also lift weights to build muscles and burn more calories. Though aerobic exercises like swimming and cycling are good, muscle building exercises will help you burn more fat and help keep it off at the same time.
2. Warm up and cool down – It is very important to warm up before exercising and also cool down after every exercise routine. It will stretch your muscles and help in performing better and also avoid any kind of muscle injuries. People fail to see their desired results because they tend to ignore the importance of warm up and cool down. Even a small muscle injury will push back your weight loss goals for weeks. So always plan an extra few minutes before and after every exercise routine to lower risk of any injury and disturb your weight loss plan.
3. Diet – If you think this is not a killer way to lose weight then you are wrong. Most people think that to lose weight you have to either: diet or exercise. But it is important for you to know that both of them go hand-in-hand. You cannot lose weight efficiently just by dieting or just by exercising. When you make the best use of both of them, you will lose weight much faster and maintain it for a long time.
It is important to note that diet contributes to 75% of your weight loss goal. Opt for a protein rich diet and divide your meals to 5 smaller meals instead of 3 bigger meals. You can also consult a dietician who can help you in planning your diet.
4. Planning your workouts – Our body is the most complex machine in the planet. Without knowing how each exercise affect your body, you are not going to see any results that you hope for. You don’t have to exercise for hours to lose weight. Doing proper exercise routine for just 45 mins to 1 hour for 3-4 times a week is sufficient to help you in losing weight. Exercising for hours will only cause harm to your body. Find an exercise routine that is best suited for your body and stick to it. If you have any doubts regarding diet or exercise routine, do not hesitate to consult your physical trainer which can help you set up a routine that is best suited for you.
5. Nutrition – Nutrition is also an important aspect in your fat burning routine. You need to consider taking nutritional supplement if you really need to lose weight quickly. By supplements I’m not taking about those useless supplements about magical fat burning remedies that are shown on TV. I’m talking about amino acids, essential fatty acids, whey protein, etc that will actually help you in maximizing your workouts and supply you with nutrients that you don’t generally find in your every day food. You can again consult your trainer for the best available supplements that is best for you.
6. Setting weekly goals – For people who are not serious about their weight loss goals find it easy to skip a workout session and indulge in pizza or burger thinking that they can make up for it during next session. But this ‘next time’ never comes and when you see the weight scale going up you will lose your motivation and ultimately break your goal. Hence it is very important to set up weekly goals which will help you in tracking your progress and also makes up adhere to such goals.
7. Curb late night snacks – This is another culprit which will greatly affect your weight loss goals. Munching snacks before going to bed will throw your metabolism off track. Also late night snacks are not digested properly and get converted to fat. You don’t feel hungry next day and skip your breakfast. This will put your body into conservation mode, meaning it will burn fewer calories to make up for the skipped breakfast. Basically your entire digestive cycle will get affected and your body won’t burn fat efficiently.
These are some of the tips to help get you started. You might feel that some of them are silly. But when taken together and followed consistently these little things will also affect to weight loss goals greatly.