These egg bowls are beyond simple to make. You’ll come back to them again and again, either for a simple weekday breakfast for part of an elaborate weekend brunch. You can even enjoy them as breakfast for dinner. Dig in and enjoy!
Yields: 2 servings | Calories: 143 | Total Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 203mg | Sodium: 493mg | Carbohydrates: 5g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 10g
- 2 large eggs, (recommend free-range)
- 4 tablespoons feta cheese crumbles
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
- 1 cup loosely packed baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red bell pepper, sliced in half and seeded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Break eggs and add to a blender along with salt and pepper. Pulse until combined and fluffy.
- Add baby spinach, 2 tablespoons feta, and stir to combine. Pour into pepper halves. Sprinkle on remaining cheese and a little more black pepper.
- Place filled peppers next to each other, on a small casserole dish, so they are snug and won’t spill. Bake until eggs puff and are set, 15-20 minutes